Fri 12th – Sun 14th Nov 2021
Hosted by PPI in association with CG Ati Ling
PPI in association with Ati Ling is delighted to host the twentieth annual Padma Dakini Retreat with Tromge Jigme Rinpoche as Vajra Master. Due to ongoing concerns around COVID, in-person attendance will be limited, but ONLINE participation is possible for anyone who already has this lineage empowerment.
This event is held annually to commemorate the November 17th 2002 date of the parinirvana of His Eminence Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche, our beloved teacher who established the Chagdud Gonpa Foundation in the West.
The retreat is based on a Dharma treasure (terma) of the late Chokgyur Lingpa, a contemporary and spiritual brother of Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo. Chokgyur Lingpa is regarded as the last of the one hundred major tertons (treasure revealers) and the universal monarch of all Tertons.
Chokgyur Lingpa (1829-1870) displayed many amazing miracles throughout his life and worked alongside Jamyang Khyentse, Jamyang Kongtrul, Mipham Gyatso and Patrul Rinpoche in developing the Rime Movement, a non-sectarian approach to integrating all major schools of Tibetan Buddhism.
Chokgyur Lingpa’s fourth incarnation, Tsikey Chokling Rinpoche, bestowed the Padma Dakini empowerment when he visited Ati Ling in 2000 and 2004, and we are privileged to maintain the practice of this treasure under the guidance of Tromge Jigme Rinpoche, who was recognised early in life as being the reincarnation of Tsewang Norbu, the son of Chokgyur Lingpa and regarded as an Avalokiteshvara emanation.
Empowerment and email registration is required to participate in this practice in-person or online. (The empowerment will NOT be offered online.) Registration deadline is November 5th.
Please note that the empowerment for the Padma Dakini that was offered as part of Chagdud Rinpoche’s Treasures is not the same as the Chokling Padma Dakini.
1) Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Join PD online‘ in the subject heading.
2) In your email, please state when and from whom you received the empowerment.
In-person attendance is decided on a case-by-case basis. All retreatants must be fully-vaccinated, able to provide proof of vaccination, and have some prior retreat/drubchod experience. Note that space is limited due to allowing safe distancing in sleeping areas, and we may not be able to accommodate everyone. All PPI residents are fully vaccinated, and maintain strict COVID protocols, eg masking, distancing when outside the center. We may require incoming retreatants to stay masked inside the shrine-room or other communal areas. Fee for in-person attendance will be between $150-$250 depending on accommodations, payable on arrival.
1) Please email email@example.com with ‘Join PD in person‘ in the subject heading.
2) In your email, please state when and from whom you received the empowerment, and any other relevant retreat/drubchod experience.
3) Briefly outline your current work/life situations relating to level of COVID exposure, dates of vaccination and preferred accommodations at PPI.
4) Attach an image of your vaccination card.
Thank you, and we will get back to you within a few days of receiving your email.
TEXTS required for the drubchod are: Padma Dakini, Galaxy of Heartdrops and Protectors.
TIME: The retreat will begin on Friday morning at 9.30am and end on Sunday evening around 5.30pm.
OFFERINGS: Whether or not you are able to participate in this event, it is possible to make an offering for the tsog or butterlamps, with prayers that auspicious conditions prevail for the flourishing of this practice and for the benefit of all beings. Butterlamps are $1.50 each; tsog offerings can be in any amount. There are several ways to make offerings:
1) To make an offering by credit card online follow the link below and from the pull-down “Program Designation”, select tsog or butterlamps.
2) by mailing a check made out to ‘Ati Ling’
3) by calling the events coordinator at 707-544-8029 to arrange payment by credit card.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.