Fri May 3rd – Sun May 5th, 2019
with Jigme Tromge Rinpoche
The practice of Throma contains the complete path of the Vajrayana, from ngondro (the preliminary practices) all the way through the Dzogchen (Great Perfection) practices of trekchod and thogal. The Throma-based practice of Chöd removes obstacles, both for our short-term happiness and those hindering our ultimate enlightenment. It carries extraordinary healing power and through its practice we can accumulate merit and wisdom in a vast and rapid way. Merely making a connection to Throma brings great benefit and blessings. Chod is practised daily in a number of Chagdud Gonpa centers, as His Eminence Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche introduced it to many students on several continents, and we are fortunate that here at PPI-Ati Ling we too have been able to maintain this lineage under the guidance of Jigme Tromge Rinpoche.
We are delighted to announce that Jigme Rinpoche will serve as vajra master and umze for this event — simply to hear a true master sing this beautiful practice is a wonderful source of blessings, and we hope that as many people as possible will be able to participate, whether they are new to Tibetan Buddhism, or already familiar with sadhana practice.
Empowerment is required, and will be offered — if you do not have the empowerment for this practice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children are most welcome to attend this retreat — please contact us if you have any questions about bringing your child. While young children must be supervised at all times, we do have suitable facilities where all the children can gather, both inside and outside the shrine-room.
COSTS: Per person for entire retreat.
DATES & TIME: Fri May 3rd – Sun May 5th, 2019, retreat begins at 9:30am Friday and ends at 5:30pm Sunday.
- Meals, tsog feast
- Overnight Accommodation (Thurs – Sun)
- Thursday afternoon early arrival (after 4pm)
- Sunday night accommodation (for those traveling long distance. Note: self-serve breakfast only)
- Note: Commuter (day-only) is for those who arrive and depart on the same day and includes only teachings, lunch, and tsog feasts. There is no early-bird discount for commuter event fees.
- Note: Tara House has separate bathrooms for men and women and these bathrooms are shared. A ‘double’ means two people per room and the cost is per person.
- See Doing Retreat at Ati Ling for more information about our facilities
Register beforeApril 15th for a $45 discount off event prices listed below. (No discount for commuter pricing).
Online registration will be posted shortly.
|Overnight in Dormitories||Overnight in Private Room with Shared Bath|
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY Please note that for any cancellation within 7 or fewer days of the event start a charge of $25 per event day will be deducted from the refund. Thank you!
Registration is required, and the online registration form will be posted shortly.