Fri March 30th – Sun April 1st, 2018
with Jigme Tromge Rinpoche
We are delighted to announce that Jigme Rinpoche will serve as vajra master and umze for this event — simply to hear a true master sing this beautiful practice is a wonderful source of blessings, and we hope that as many people as possible will be able to participate, whether they are new to Tibetan Buddhism, or already familiar with sadhana practice.
The practice of Throma contains the complete path of the Vajrayana, from ngondro (the preliminary practices) all the way through the Dzogchen (Great Perfection) practices of trekchod and thogal. The Throma-based practice of Chöd removes obstacles, both for our short-term happiness and those hindering our ultimate enlightenment. It carries extraordinary healing power and through its practice we can accumulate merit and wisdom in a vast and rapid way. Merely making a connection to Throma brings great benefit and blessings. Chod is practised daily in a number of Chagdud Gonpa centers, as His Eminence Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche introduced it to many students on several continents, and we are fortunate that here at PPI-Ati Ling we too have been able to maintain this lineage under the guidance of Jigme Tromge Rinpoche.
Empowerment is required, and will be offered — if you do not have the empowerment for this practice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children are most welcome to attend this retreat — please contact us if you have any questions about bringing your child. While young children must be supervised at all times, we do have suitable facilities where all the children can gather, both inside and outside the shrine-room.
COSTS: Per person for entire retreat.
DATES & TIME: Fri March 30th – Sun April 1st, 2018, retreat begins at 9:30am Friday and ends at 5:30p Sunday.
- Meals, tsog feast
- Overnight Accommodation (Thurs – Sun)
- Thursday afternoon early arrival (after 4pm)
- Sunday night accommodation (for those traveling long distance. Note: self-serve breakfast only)
- Note: Commuter (day-only) is for those who arrive and depart on the same day and includes only teachings, lunch, and tsog feasts.
- Note: Tara House has separate bathrooms for men and women and these bathrooms are shared. A ‘double’ means two people per room and the cost is per person.
- See Doing Retreat at Ati Ling for more information about our facilities
Early Bird discounts end March 7th, after which prices go up $45
Please note that Tara House (private rooms) is FULL!
|Overnight in Dormitories||Overnight in Private Room with Shared Bath (FULL)|
|Non CGF Member||$180||$195||$375||$300|
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY Please note that for any cancellation within 7 or fewer days of the event start a charge of $25 per event day will be deducted from the refund. Thank you!
You can also register by calling 707-544-8029 or emailing us at email@example.com.
OFFERINGS During intensive practice retreats, we make offerings of tsog and butterlamps. Tsog is a most profound method of purification and for gaining realization. Offering tsog and butterlamps are said to be two of the most effective ways for accumulating merit through generosity, and for occasions where we are doing a practice due to the kindness of great lamas like Chagdud Rinpoche, it is particularly beneficial to make such offerings as a way to strengthen present and future connections with true masters. All dedications will be read during the pujas. Those who are unable to attend retreat but would still like to make offerings are also welcome to do so. Butterlamps are $1.50 each; tsog offerings can be in any amount.
There are several ways to make offerings:
1) with secure credit card donation processing online: follow the link below and from the pull-down “Program Designation”, select tsog or butterlamps.
2) by mailing a check made out to ‘Ati Ling’
3) by calling us on 707-632-5629 to arrange payment by credit card
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.