Fri, Nov 15th – Sun, Nov 17th, 2019
Hosted by PPI in association with CG Ati Ling
PPI in association with Ati Ling is delighted to host the eighteenth annual Padma Dakini Retreat with Jigme Tromge Rinpoche as Vajra Master.
This event is held annually to commemorate the November 17th 2002 date of the parinirvana of His Eminence Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche, our beloved teacher who established the Chagdud Gonpa Foundation in the West.
The retreat is based on a Dharma treasure (terma) of the late Chokgyur Lingpa, a contemporary and spiritual brother of Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo. Chokgyur Lingpa is regarded as the last of the one hundred major tertons (treasure revealers) and the universal monarch of all Tertons.
Chokgyur Lingpa (1829-1870) displayed many amazing miracles throughout his life and worked alongside Jamyang Khyentse, Jamyang Kongtrul, Mipham Gyatso and Patrul Rinpoche in developing the Rime Movement, a non-sectarian approach to integrating all major schools of Tibetan Buddhism.
Chokgyur Lingpa’s fourth incarnation, Tsikey Chokling Rinpoche, bestowed the Padma Dakini empowerment when he visited Ati Ling in 2000 and 2004, and we are privileged to maintain the practice of this treasure under the guidance of Jigme Tromge Rinpoche, who was recognised early in life as being the reincarnation of Tsewang Norbu, the son of Chokgyur Lingpa and regarded as an Avalokiteshvara emanation.
Empowerment is required to attend the retreat. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in attending but do not have the Chokling Padma Dakini empowerment.
Texts required for the drubchod are: Padma Dakini, Galaxy of Heartdrops and Protectors, all of which are available for sale at PPI’s Lotus Light store.
TIME: The retreat will begin on Friday morning at 9.30am and end on Sunday evening around 5.30pm.
- Meals, tsog feast
- Overnight Accommodation (Thurs – Sun)
- Thursday afternoon early arrival (after 4pm)
- Sunday night accommodation (for those traveling long distance. Note: self-serve breakfast only)
- Note: Commuter (day-only) is for those who arrive and depart on the same day and includes only teachings, lunch, and tsog feasts.
- Note: Tara House has separate bathrooms for men and women and these bathrooms are shared. A ‘double’ means two people per room and the cost is per person.
- See Doing Retreat at Ati Ling for more information about our facilities
Register before October 31st, 2018 for a $45 discount off listed event prices. (There is no discount for Day-only pricing).
|Complete Event||Day-Only||Overnight in Dormitories||Overnight in Private Room with Shared Bath|
|Double (two people per room)||Single (one person per room)|
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. Online registration will be available from mid-August. You can also email anytime to email@example.com if you want to get on the wait-list for a private room.
Whether or not you are able to participate in this event, it is possible to make an offering for the tsog or butterlamps, with prayers that auspicious conditions prevail for the flourishing of this practice and for the benefit of all beings. Butterlamps are $1.50 each; tsog offerings can be in any amount. There are several ways to make offerings:
1) To make an offering by credit card online follow the link below and from the pull-down “Program Designation”, select tsog or butterlamps.
2) by mailing a check made out to ‘Ati Ling’
3) by calling the events coordinator at 707-544-8029 to arrange payment by credit card.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.