Fri 14th Dec – Sun 16th Dec, 2018
Jigme Tromge Rinpoche will be Vajra Master. We are also very honored that Tulku Rigdzin Dorje and Khadro Kunsang-la will join us for this drupchod retreat.
When Guru Padmasambhava, having journeyed to Yangleshö Cave in Nepal to accomplish the deity Yangdag Heruka, met with drought and famine inflicted on the region, he sent messagers to the Indian master Prabhahasti for the Vajrakilaya tantras. The mere arrival of these texts counteracted the adverse conditions, and the Guru and his consort both attained the realization of mahamudra. Afterwards he commented that Yangdag Heruka confers great accomplishment, but like a merchant who requires an escort, the practice needs Vajrakilaya to clear obstacles.
Following the example of Guru Padmasambhava and many superb lineage masters, we perform Vajrakilaya to overcome outer, inner, and secret obstacles to dharma practice and activity. We apply the skillful means of wrathful compassion to the poisons and demons of our own minds.
The complete Vajrakilaya drubchen performed at Tibetan New Year prevents the obstacles from the past year from carrying forward into the New Year. It is said in Tibet that participation in a single week’s drubchen practice generates as much merit and potential realization as a year’s retreat. This event at PPI is not as elaborate as a full drubchen, but is still a powerful group practice that can be of enormous benefit.
Empowerment is required to attend the retreat. Please email us at email@example.com if you are interested in attending but do not have the Dudjom Vajrakilaya empowerment.
Texts required for the drubchod are: Vajrakilaya, Galaxy of Heartdrops and Protectors, all of which are available for sale at PPI’s Lotus Light store.
TIME: The retreat will begin on Friday morning at 9.30am and end on Sunday evening around 5.30pm.
- Meals, tsog feast
- Overnight Accommodation (Thurs – Sun)
- Thursday afternoon early arrival (after 4pm)
- Sunday night accommodation (for those traveling long distance. Note: self-serve breakfast only)
- Note: Commuter (day-only) is for those who arrive and depart on the same day and includes only teachings, lunch, and tsog feasts.
- Note: Tara House has separate bathrooms for men and women and these bathrooms are shared. A ‘double’ means two people per room and the cost is per person.
- See Doing Retreat at Ati Ling for more information about our facilities
Register before November 25th, 2018 for a $45 discount off listed event prices. (There is no discount for Day-only pricing).
|Complete Event||Day-Only||Overnight in Dormitories||Overnight in Private Room with Shared Bath|
|Double (two people per room)||Single (one person per room)|
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. To register, and to inquire about private rooms, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 707-544-8029
Cancellation and refund policy: please note that for any cancellation within 7 or fewer days of the event start, a charge of $25 per event day will be deducted from the refund. Thank you!
Whether or not you are able to participate in this event, it is possible to make an offering for the tsog or butterlamps, with prayers that auspicious conditions prevail for the flourishing of this practice and for the benefit of all beings. Butterlamps are $1.50 each; tsog offerings can be in any amount. There are several ways to make offerings:
1) To make an offering by credit card online follow the link below and from the pull-down “Program Designation”, select tsog or butterlamps.
2) by mailing a check made out to ‘Ati Ling’
3) by calling the events coordinator at 707-544-8029 to arrange payment by credit card.